Position Details: Sr. ETL/Informatica Developer
Our firm is seeking a Senior ETL/Informatica Developer with 7+ years of experience. Please note that this client has locations in various cities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and test data processes per business requirements, following the development standards and best practices as well as participate in code peer reviews to ensure our applications comply with best practices.
- Work with business analysts to gather business requirements from end users and translate them into technical specifications.
- Gather requirements to define data definitions, transformation logic, and data model logical and physical designs, data flow, and process.
- To be responsible for providing technical guidance / solutions.
- Provide estimates for development.
- Perform data analysis and data profiling against source systems and data warehouse.
- Design data marts to support Business Intelligence reporting.
- Design ETL processes using Informatica Power Center.
- Assist developers with difficult Oracle PL/SQL code needed for queries, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain custom oracle applications written in PL/SQL.
- Conduct reviews of developed code.
- Test solutions to validate whether requirements have been met; develop test plans, test scripts, and test conditions based on the business and system requirements.
- Provide end-user support in post-deployment phases; assess and evaluate all feedback to ensure that the requirements necessary to correct issues are addressed.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is required.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Strong experience working with dedicated and matrixed resources as well as:
- Informatica Power Center
- Writing Complex SQL Queries
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Relational Database
- Other BI Tools with Business Objects, ECM; Archival experience a plus
- Data Mapping, Data Modeling, Data Mining, and Data Warehousing/Mart
- Relational databases and SQL Query performance tuning