As our Senior Software Engineer you'll be integral in developing our client’s personalized and customized consumer experiences. We are looking for individuals who have strong search experience, either with Elastic, Lucene, or Solr; Big Data Analytics experience working with Spark, Hive, Hadoop; Elastic Map Reduce; Cloud experience working with Micro-services; RESTful Web services; AWS preferred. Big Data Analytics experience would be very advantageous, especially if they have done anything with recommendations.
Your role will include:
• Developing the tools and processes used across Consumer Digital Technology to increase speed of software delivery while reducing the cost of implementation.
• Developing, debugging, and testing full stack capabilities for an ecommerce application.
• Evangelizing tools and mentoring teams migrating to a Continuous Delivery process across the organization.
• Providing technical leadership and knowledge to your teammates.
• Consulting and performing engineering support, problem solving, and issue resolution with internal and external resources.
What We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or 2 years of additional experience in lieu of a degree
• 4 years using Enterprise Java in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
• Experience in Object Oriented analysis, design and patterns
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture principals and REST
• Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred: EC2, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS)
• Experience with dependency injection and object relational mapping tools such as Spring Boot/Spring and Hibernate
• Experience with load testing tools such as JMeter and Gatling
• Experiene with Lucene, Solr or Elastic Search preferred
• Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and automated integration tests required. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
• Experience delivering software using an agile development process (Scrum preferred)
• Experience with leading projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
• Demonstrated effective communication within a team and as part of a cross-functional organization
• Knowledge of Netflix OSS a plus
• Experience with Serverless Computing/Lambda technologies a plus